More than just a skiing holiday in Arosa
Arosa lies at the end of the Schanfigg Valley and is regarded as a resort with guaranteed snow in winter. Thanks to its position, the area is blessed with generous sunshine and is well sheltered from the wind.
Naturally, the downhill skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing are fabulous in Arosa. A network of more than 225 km of pistes has the right downhill run for every proficiency level. There are 60 km of perfectly shaped hiking routes and more than 25 km of cross-country trails through the stunning unspoiled natural surroundings.
But do let all this dazzling white inspire you to try something new! How about a snowshoeing tour accompanied by one of Arosa’s experienced tour guides? Or viewing Arosa from above for once – as a passenger on a paraglider! If you fancy travelling a little further by air, and providing the wind is fair, try a hot-air balloon ride during Arosa’s own balloon week. Have we whet your appetite for something new? If so, ask our Concierge for details of other ideas to make your stay even more memorable.
Skiing – Snowboarding – Carving
The ski schools offer:
- Private and group tuition (skiing, carving, snowboarding)
- Children's ski school with weekly children's races
Arosa ski area
- The Tschuggen Express brings you up to the slopes
- Family-friendly ski slopes ideal for children and adults
- Ski huts also reachable on foot
- Red, blue and black ski runs
- Arosa Snow Park
- Snowboard pistes
Arosa Lenzerheide ski area
- Ranked #3 of the 55 Best Ski Resorts in the alps (Best Ski Resorts 2014)
- $New and modern connecting railway Urdenbahn between Arosa and Lenzerheide
- 225 km of pistes in total
Ski passes – ticket offices:
- At Reception: daily and weekly ski passes on sale (no special passes)
- At the Weisshornbahn: sale of half-day, daily, weekly and special passes (group passes must be ordered in advance from Arosa Bergbahnen)
A winter-sports pleasure of a special kind. Snowshoe tours across glistening white slopes, through snow-covered forests and silent valleys: this trend sport is now well established as an alternative winter sport. Snowshoe excursions can be organised in the same way as a winter hike – or as a mountain hike on summer hiking trails that would otherwise be inaccessible in winter.
Keen to try something new? Then make your stay even more memorable with a snowshoe hike. For information contact the cross-country skiing and snowshoe centre in Maran, phone: 081 377 22 15 or 079 445 53 13.
Winter hiking trails
Arosa has one of the most beautiful, longest and best prepared networks of winter hiking trails (60 km) in Switzerland. The trails go past plenty of rest stops, mountain huts and restaurants, allowing you to take a break whenever you want. Maps of our winter hiking trails are available free of charge from Arosa Tourism or from Reception.
25 km of cross-country trails at Maran, Prätschalp/Ochsenalp (panoramic trail), Isel and Lake Obersee. At Lake Obersee only if you are taking your dog along. Trail maps are available from Arosa Tourism or at Reception. Further details:
- Group instruction, private tuition from classic cross-country skiing to skating and technique etc. is available from the Geeser cross-country skiing school, phone: 081 377 22 15 or 079 445 53 13
Sleds are available at the Concierge desk. There are three sledding trails, prepared by Arosa Tourism:
- Tschuggenhütte - Tschuggen Grand Hotel
- Prätschli - Scheitenböden - Obersee (abends beleuchtet)
- Arosa - Untersee - Litzirüti
Use of the sledding trails is free, with insurance at each individual user's discretion. Sled hire (if all our sleds are already taken – reservations recommended:
- Sports shop in Arosa: information available from Reception
- Rhaetian Railways: Telefon 081 377 21 44
- Arosa.com: Phone 081 377 21 81
- Restaurant "Heimeli": Telefon 081 374 21 61
- ski hut "Casanna": Telefon 081 374 20 82
- ski hut "Pirigen": Telefon 081 374 20 64
A pick-up service from Langwies to the following restaurants and huts is available by prior arrangement: Heimeli Restaurant, Casanna ski hut, Pirigen ski hut.
Information on the location and condition of the trails is also available from Reception and by phone from the three restaurants and ski huts.
Curling & Eisstock
- At the Lake Obersee ice rink
- Natural ice rink
- Coaching from instructors (by prior arrangement)
- Weekly taster courses during the winter season
- Curling tournament organised through Arosa Tourism, phone: 081 378 70 20
Ice hockey & ice skating
- At Lake Obersee
- Fees apply
- Skates and equipment for hire
- Balloon week from sunday 12. until saturday 18. March 2017
- Information at reception
- For information and reservations call 044 391 37 14 (Arosa balloon pilot: Walter Vollenweider)
- Daily tandem flights starting from the Weisshorn depending on weather conditions
- Information available at the concierge desk
- Flights are organised by Gleitschirm Taxi Arosa - Phone +41 79 449 88 13
Arosa has one of the largest winter Nordic walking networks in Switzerland, with a location both unique and ideal. Experience and discover the winter landscape of Arosa for yourself using special walking poles. The extensive winter hiking trails are beautifully prepared every day, providing the ideal infrastructure for exciting Nordic walking tours.
For more information please contact Reception.