Try at home
Composition of dark chocolate and plum
All of us are currently spending a lot of time at home. To make sure you still get enough culinary treats, you find a very special recipe to cook for yourself below – enjoy.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 20 g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1 sheet gelatine
- 70 g water
- 180g sugar
- 120g cream
- 60g cocoa powder
- 4 sheet gelatine
- 80 g plum puree
- 20 g sugar
- 1 g Agar Agar
1. Soak the leaf gelatine in a container of cold water.
2. Place the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl and whisk until frothy. Put the bowl aside.
3. Boil the milk together with the cream in a saucepan. Stir the liquid into the egg yolk mixture and allow to cool down slightly.
4. Pour water into another saucepan, bring to the boil and place a second bowl in it.
5. Chop the dark couverture into coarse pieces with a knife, place in the second bowl into the water and melt while stirring. Do not allow any water to get onto the chocolate. Remove the bowl from the water.
6. Remove the soaked gelatine from the water, squeeze it out and dissolve it in the warm egg yolk mixture. Add the dissolved couverture and mix it in.
7. Fill this cream into dome-shaped silicone moulds and freeze.
8. Remove the frozen mass from the moulds and place on a cake grid.
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water.
2. Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
3. Mix cream and cocoa powder and add to the dissolved sugar. Bring it to boil again.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and dissolve the gelatine expressed in the liquid.
5. Cool the mixture down to 28 °C and put it over the Chocolate crémeux. Keep the cream in the fridge until you eat it.
1. Put the puree, sugar and agar agar in a saucepan and bring it to boil while stirring.
2. Simmer briefly and pour onto a baking tray.
3. Leave to cool down in the fridge and mix to a smooth cream. Then strain and put into a piping bag.
4. Place the chocolate crémeux on a plate and decorate with plum jelly.